IMPACTED SECURITY WINDOWS
GLAZED WITH 13 MM LAMINATED GLASS.
"BUILT IN SECURITY AND PEACE OF MIND"
If you are evaluating replacement windows for your home or business or in the design stage of a new construction project, Alcor’s precision-engineered Impact Windows & Doors are your perfect solution to provide effortless, full-time protection during a hurricane. Preparing for a hurricane becomes as simple as closing your windows and doors.In a hurricane, flying debris, not violent winds, are the major causes of window damage. As a result, hurricane protection now focuses on impact protection, not just wind tolerance ratings.
Alcor’s high performance windows combine a 3 ¼ “steel reinforced upvc (unplasticized polyvinylchloride) frame, glazed with ½” (13MM) impact resistant glass.
Impact resistance glass is comprised of two panes of glass bonded with a special interlayer of clear polyvinylbutyral film. This is similar to Auto Windshields, only stronger.
Although the glass may crack when impacted by a heavy object, the interlayer will keep the glass intact. A special silicone glazing process keeps the glass from breaking away from the frame, making wind less likely to penetrate the envelope of the home. This will prevent the internal pressure build up that can lift the roof.
Cost is always an important factor in upgrading to impact windows. Consumers might be surprised to find that purchasing impact windows will cost significantly less than purchasing shutters, with the added advantages of aesthetic appeal and the convenience of effortless, all year round protection.
Other benefits of Alcor’s impact resistant windows include:
- Security – Provides excellent protection against intruders as penetration through the “toughened” glass is virtually impossible
- Increased noise reduction – Transfer of noise is reduced by dual or triple gasketing, and the multi chambered design of UPVC profiles.
- Energy efficiency – The interlayer of film within the glass reduces UV light and heat transfer and triple gasketing allows the window to seal tight, preventing cool air from escaping.
- Maintenance free – UPVC requires no maintenance and will not peel, fade, crack or corrode.
- Integral Insect Screens as part of the unit.
- Adds greater value to your home, over shutters and storm panels.
Alcor’s Impact Windows are available in a number of styles including casement, sliding single hung, sliding and swing doors, and architectural shapes. Units are available in both standard and custom sizes.
All Alcor Windows and Doors are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Impact resistant units carry an additional Warranty against damage up to Category IV Hurricane.
Alcor’s Impact Resistant Windows and Doors provide security, beauty and peace of mind all year round.